Friday, July 24, 2009



Fun day.  Jennifer came and saved my life by taking the boys to our pool for a while, then we all went to Chick-fil-a for lunch.  They played on the playground there and had a blast.  My boys hadn't played on one yet, because I haven't been at a restaurant with one with another adult, and I wasn't ready to tackle letting them both go in, alone.  They loved it.  We rushed out eventually because a snotty kid was rubbing his hands all over Baby Bear and blowing raspberries in the boys' faces.  I almost had a germ breakdown.  Yes, I've turned into that mom.  I don't care though.  I'm the one that has to deal with two or three whiney kids and watch them suffer, so I'm the one that gets to remove yucky kids from my kids' faces.

Serious crafty-work
Mr. Fishy - he's a great swimmer now!
Unfortunately, I've not had the best attitude or supply of patience.  Cause: 5.5 hours of sleep.  Nights have been getting progressively worse for me lately.  I was up late updating this blog and dealing with Comcast (more to follow on that in an upcoming post), then my princess decided she needed a snack at 5:30 am.  That would have been okay - it happens once in a while - but she decided she was up for the day.  Just like yesterday, she refused to nap until I wrapped her on me and completely covered her head.  At 9 am!

Baby Bear had a big milestone today:  she had her first taste of food!  She had some rice cereal in breastmilk, very thin.  She did a great job!  I felt pretty sure she'd been somewhat ready for a little while now, but hadn't had the chance to get her started.  With her sleep issues and some slightly strange eating schedule changes, I got desperate.  She was more than ready.  She didn't push it out at all, was opening her mouth big for the spoon, and grabbing for the spoon and bowl.  The only problem is that she is really struggling with keeping her head up for long.  I've been saying it's because she wants to dive to munch on her hands, which is true, but I'm almost starting to get concerned her little neck muscles are a little delayed in strength because of it.  She was hunched over for most of the meal.

But what a mobile girl!  This just happened in five minutes while I was here on the computer.  She was laid in the center of her flower mat.  I guess that thing's pointless now.  Hmm, I guess I should be concerned for her little bare body on this yucky carpet.

Okay, so I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo tired.  Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Haha she is so funny! But that picture of her eating, she looks too old. I'm proud of her but it makes me sad. I need to hurry up and get back before she gets any bigger.