Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Big Birthday



Yes, I am now old.

I had a nice day.  They took me out to lunch at work, gave me sweet gifts, and made me yummy cake.  Emily even made me a spare cake to take home and share with the boys...  I almost cried then, big shock!


We made it to church really late again.  I need to come up with a better plan for Wednesdays.  Totally worth it, as I knew it would be.  God is SO speaking loud and clear lately!  Mostly more about growing closer to Him, being molded by Him when things are hard.  Also about seeking Him for the sake of knowing Him alone, no other agendas involved.

I'm really digging reading C. S. Lewis' The Great Divorce.  I love his writing, and it always gives me a perspective of how small I am, and how my ego should be infinitesimal because I'm here to search Him out and do whatever He calls me to do: big, small, simple, or mind-blowingly difficult (seeming).

I wasn't sure what to expect from bedtime tonight.  They were awoken early, didn't nap, even though Grammy tried three times, and had birthday cake just before bed...  Mixed signals?...  Either they slept quickly or they're working on their stealth ops maneuvers.

Despite all that, they really were good boys tonight.
Oh, I just realized why Baby Bear is so wired tonight!  I had peach cobbler for dessert at lunch, then candy, then birthday cake!  Sheesh, this might be a long night!

No comments:

Post a Comment