Sunday, September 13, 2009

This is the Day...



Okay, so seriously, a great, exhausting day.  Tonight we had Baby Bear dedicated at church.  It was a great experience - I love the way our church does it - and there weren't too many hitches.

As we prepared to go into the auditorium before the service, we were telling the boys that they were going to to go "big church" and that they had to be very quiet so everyone could hear who was talking.  Bubby turns to me and whispers: "Is everyone sleeping, Mommy?".  (They hear that they need to be quiet because Baby Bear is sleeping all the time.)  I love my boys.

Baby Bear was incredibly delicious in a Grammy one-of-a-kind number, complete with teeny-tiny hair clip.  I am totally obsessed with these clips and I think they will become a permanent part of her daily wardrobe from now on.  She behaved exactly as we would have hoped.  She gazed at the pastor as if to determine her approval, then brought out the sweetly bashful flirty smile as she watched him explain her name's roots and read her verse.  After a few moments she saw her face on the tv on the floor in front of us and sweetly smiled at it.  She is just so edible!

(I really wasn't depressed, I guess I just overdid the trying-not-to-look-too-amused-by-my-own-kids-being-silly-in-front-of-all-these-people thing.)

The boys were pretty amusing in front of the church during the actual ceremony.  They had gotten all wound up (especially Popo) in the time leading up to it and were jumpy when we got up there.  But they were quiet and didn't actually climb the pulpit stairs or run around or anything.  They did run away to sit with Grammy, Pops, Nana, and Papa in the fourth row for a few minutes though.  That was pretty funny.

Baby Bear and Grammy

Here I am, looking around at the boys one of about 56 times I checked on them.

We got so many amused comments afterwards, especially from all the offering-taking deacons that got to sit on the front row and watch the action close up.  I can't wait to see the video of it to see their shenanigans in perspective.

Pastor Brunson was inquiring afterward about the boys' twin status (yea or nay) and age and we reminded him he dedicated them almost three years ago.  I think he really feels honored by the dedication ceremony and gets a kick out of watching the children and families grow.

Popo did have an accident in the van just as we got to church, so he didn't wear his nice pants to church.  Instead he was a thug in his graffiti jeans.  And we had just decided to proclaim them potty-trained!  We did tell ourselves to prepare for some accidents now and then, but it should have been implied that we did not mean they could happen on big occasions, sheesh!

After only one real nap today, which she was awoken from to come back to church, Baby Bear was pretty pooped by the time church was out.  When I went to pick her up at the nursery, the lady was standing at the door holding my red-eyed crying baby and sweetly asking people walking by, "Is this one yours?"  The poor girl did that pathetic gasping for air as she calmed down from a big cry for a while as her grandparents fawned over her.

I will post our official family picture they took just before the service, once I receive it.  Also, there are some cute pictures of Baby Bear with Nana and Papa, but they are on Nana's camera (mine didn't turn out as well as hers did), so I'll add that here once she graciously shares them with me too.

I like this one because it looks like I'm saddened and embarrassed at my studmuffin husband's rose handling skills.

Anna - German for "gracious"
Celia - Latin for "heaven"

Psalm 116:5  "Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; Yes, our God is compassionate."

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! We still haven't had Caleb dedicated yet. :/ Maybe soon. Anna looked beautiful in her Grammy dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon looks bigger than last time I saw him.

    Tell him to put the weights down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I could have been there!! Your family is so precious and Anna looked like a doll in her sweet dress

    ReplyDelete