Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So Far Behind

I feel like a lot has happened since my last post that I'd never remember it all to note here. But I also feel like I'm missing something if I don't. Sheesh, the pressure. I guess I'll just ramble for a bit...

Today was interesting. The kids and I had nothing specific to do today, so Bubby came up with something for us to do: go to the doctor's office! The very first time ever I left Baby Bear laying on the floor and walked away - to help Popo wash his hands - she was tripped on by her brother.

It was the scariest thing ever. She just started screaming, and I ran in to see her curled up on her side and beet red. I not-so-politely asked Bubby what happened and he indicated that he'd stepped on the top of her head. I was freaking holding her and crying. Once I could see through the tears (mine), I could tell the right side of her face was pink and puffy. I couldn't tell if her eyes were dilating consistently, so I called the doctor's office and the nurse suggested I bring her in, just in case.

She checked out okay, as long as I observed her throughout the day. I think she was a little off today, but nothing scary. She just ate, slept, and needed cuddling more than usual. Bubby still insists he stepped on the top of her head, it's cute.

We had just been at the doctor's office yesterday for her four month well visit, believe it or not. She also checked out fine then too. She's 25 inches long and 13lbs 2oz.

Umm... Oh, the kids and I went for a big beach day with Nana, Aunt Nicole, cousin Mady, and Miss Debbie last Friday. It was great fun, and I'll post pictures when I get them from my mom. We got a lot of great shots. I slathered the boys with sunscreen, but apparently missed a couple awkward spots, so they look like I randomly burn parts of their bodies with an iron or something. I feel horrible about it. I didn't put anything on my skin, so now I'm leather-skin-lady. And the baby got just a touch of pink on the right side of her body, even though we thought we kept her covered up. Again, I felt like the worst mom...

The boys are doing pretty well with potty training. We spend most of our time at home in big-boy undies or naked waist-down. Out and about we're doing pullups, and for bed we do regular diapies. Most all the time, they do peepees in the potty. Lately we've been having some accidents, mostly from laziness and having too much fun doing what they're doing. They sometimes wait until a diaper of some sort is on them to go poopies, but we're making progress. Bubby's doing really well with both, and Popo's coming along.

Okay, I could go on forever. I'll take a break.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't hear about that story! Laura Anne "accidently" pushed Caleb's face into the wall today and his mouth bled a little. :/

    So I haven't checked your blog in a long time and I looked today because I was bored and here are posts to read!! yay!
    Great job. :D